Re: freed_symbols [Re: People, not GPL [was: Re: Driver Model]]

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 05:15:29 EST

Hi,

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> We can make up the Monica Public License too, but because it is GPL, your
> added restrictions of whatever are NULL and VOID.

Could you please explain about what "added restrictions" you're talking
about? Let's actually look at the GPL, which states "You may not impose
any further restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted
herein.", a bit earlier we find "Activities other than copying,
distribution and modification are not covered by this License".
So how exactly does EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL restrict you in these activities?

bye, Roman