Re: getting timestamp of last interrupt?

From: Hans-Georg Thien
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 13:38:11 EST

Gabriel Paubert wrote:

[...]
I am looking for a possibility to read out the last timestamp when an interrupt has occured.
[...]

Doesn't the input layer add a timestamp to every event?

At least that's the impression I have from xxd /dev/input/eventN: the
first eight bytes of each 16 bytes packet look so furiously close to
a struct timeval that they can't be anything else :-)

Just that I don't know how the devices and N are associated, it seems to be
order of discovery/registering at boot.
Hello Gabriel,

Oh yes, - that looks quite good to me. I'm investigating on that now. I found out, that you need at least to compile the "evdev" module.

-Hans