SPARC64 and 32: Several problems with 2.6.0-test5 and test6

From: Georg Chini
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 15:42:57 EST

Hello,

I did some testing with test5 and test6 kernels on
my Sparc Ultra1 and Sparcstation 5. Here is a summary
of the problems I observed. Maybe this helps to fix
things.

1) Keyboard:
On both architectures the Sun type 5 keyboard
(and mouse) will not be found.

2) Console:
On both architectures only PROM-console will work. The
system will not switch to serial (Ultra1) or TCX (SS5)
console.
Sending break gives no ok-prompt.

3) Netfilter on sparc64:
Any iptables command except iptables -L crashes my
system without further messages. I am already in contact with
Harald Welte about this (see netfilter-devel list).

4) Compile on sparc32
The function sched_clock is missing in time.c.
There is a posting by Andrew Morton on this list
which defines the function. The kernel compiles
and boots with this patch.
When compiling modules I get following unresolved
symbols in various modules in stage 2:

.div
.rem
.udiv
.umul
.urem
___atomic_add
___atomic_sub
___clear_bit
___set_bit
prom_apply_generic_ranges
prom_halt
prom_printf
sparc_flush_page_to_ram
sun_do_break

I think I could fix this myself if anyone can tell me where
to find an example.

Regards
Georg Chini