Re: [ACPI] p2b-ds blacklisted?

From: Sven Köhler
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 20:03:54 EST

I would like to try what happens if i remove the board from the blacklist.

So that was what i just did. I removed the board from the blacklist, recompiled the kernel and booted.
The kernel started and there were some issues with the interrupt routing. I don't remember the exact messages but i could post a dmesg if you like.
With "pci=noapci" the computer hang upon loading the kernel module for the SCSI controller. I remember that to be an issue too when i had windows2k installed on that box but i could "fix" that by changing the IRC setting in the BIOS. Changing those settings didn't help Linux to boot.

At first sight ACPI (without pci=noacpi) seemed to work but pressing the power button didn't generate any events although the power button was detected properly during boot.

After all i think i know why P2B-S and -DS are blacklisted. The board with on-board SCSI controller are messed up somehow.

I haven't tried to install BIOS 1014beta3 yet. BIOS 1014beta2 is currently installed but i guess the update won't solve anything.

With acpi=ht it works for now, but doesn't acpi=ht imply pci=noacpi?