Re: SII SATA request size limit

From: Adam Jones
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 05:31:03 EST

In a futile gesture against entropy, Witold Krecicki wrote:

> I've lost some of mails about siimage on LKML, but Im' getting more and more
> confused about 'hangs' probably caused by siimage driver. I was using 15
> rqsize, now 128 - doesn't matter. It happens in random moments - sometimes at
> boot time when drive is fscked, sometimes when I'm trying to copy large
> amount of data and sometimes without any particular reason after several
> hours.

Out of interest, do you have some sort of SCSI controller in your
system as well? I've got a SiI3112 card and I get a hard lock-up pretty
much as soon as anything touches the SCSI bus on my aic7xxx card.
Disabling DMA on the SiI IDE channel seems to work around it, at the
cost of a lot of performance... (this is on stock 2.4.22, BTW)

Setting rqsize to 128 seems perfectly stable for me - my drive reports
itself as a ST380013AS (Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA 80GB).
--
Adam Jones (adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)(http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/)
.oO("Ja voll, Herr General." )