Re: firewalling PPPOE stream without terminating it

From: Harald Welte
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 05:24:23 EST

Hi Chris!

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 10:32:04AM -0400, Chris Friesen wrote:

> I've got a PPPOE DSL line coming into my house, and I and my roommates
> each terminate our own connection and get our own dynamic IP address.

So how is this question related to either
1) network development (netdev@xxxxxxxxxxx)
2) linux-kernel development (linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

I would like to ask you this question at an apropriate mailinglist
(netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, or the lartc mailinglist [since the
assumption that you would need to do NAT in case you terminate the two
dsl lines is invalid an can be solved using policy routing + connmark]).

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.gnumonks.org/
Programming is like sex: One mistake and you have to support it your lifetime