Re: 2.6.0-test5 vs. modem cards

From: Russell King
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 03:20:46 EST

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 12:51:36PM +0900, Norman Diamond wrote:
> In file 8250_cs.c:
> Line 61, identifies itself as "serial_cs.c" instead of "8250_cs.c".
> Line 119 identifies itself as "serial_cs" instead of "8250_cs".
> My partial understanding of Linux PCMCIA operations yields a guess that line
> 119 is part of the cause for failure during execution, whereas line 61 only
> potentially confuses future maintainers.

Its going to get renamed back to serial_cs shortly.

> Later in the same source file, calls to register_serial() and
> unregister_serial() compile but fail during execution. Of course in order
> to make it execute in the first place I have to manually modprobe 8250_cs,
> because of the reason mentioned above. /var/log/messages gets reports that
> those symbols are unknown.

I have no idea how you managed that. The configuration subsystem does
not allow you to build 8250_cs.c as a module without building 8250.c in
some manner, and 8250.c provides those symbols.

--
Russell King (rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/
Linux kernel maintainer of: