2.6.0-test5: intermittent crash on chvt to X; was console lost to Ctrl+Alt+F$n in 2.6.0-test5

From: Michael Frank
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 19:27:24 EST

> I ended by running the third variant script quoted below. Now my logs
> comfortingly end with 'switching to X'. I presume I'm catching the
> crash in the last sleep $wait.

Makes sense because the crash may (in your case does) happen later
in the switching sequence at which time the "new" log already made
it to disk - I'll use your variant from now on ;)

The qestion now is whether this is kernel or X related.
Have you had this problem with an earlier 2.6 or 2.4 kernel?

If it is specific to -test5, post (as tar.bz2)

- lspci -v
- /var/log/dmesg
- X version and driver info from /var/log/XFree86.log
- .config

Regards
Michael