Re: getting a working CD-drive in 2.6

From: Stuart Longland
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 02:02:45 EST

Quoting Wes Janzen <superchkn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> Actually with 2.6, you no longer need ide-scsi. You'll need to upgrade
> your cdrecord tools and probably your burning GUI, if you use one....

Ahh okay, I wasn't aware of that. We use a SCSI burner anyways, but most of my
friends who have burners under Linux use IDE burners with Linux 2.4.x, and
therefore need ide-scsi.

I shall keep this in mid should I need to upgrade the burner at all {as it is
getting a bit long in the tooth -- its a Matsushita CR-7502 or something like that)

| Stuart Longland stuartl at longlandclan.hopto.org |
| Brisbane Mesh Node: 719 http://stuartl.cjb.net/ |
| I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on a tape somewhere |
| Griffith Student No: Course: Bachelor/IT (Nathan) |