Re: getting a working CD-drive in 2.6

From: Wes Janzen
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 22:02:02 EST

Hi,

Stuart Longland wrote:

iain d broadfoot wrote:

| ide-scsi is disabled.

If it's an IDE drive, you'll want this _enabled_ before you'll be able
to write CDs. Most of the burner software that I know of look for a
SCSI CD burner, not IDE. ide-scsi is intended for making an IDE CD
burner appear as a SCSI device.

Actually with 2.6, you no longer need ide-scsi. You'll need to upgrade your cdrecord tools and probably your burning GUI, if you use one. I've been burning that way for several months now. (I'm using xcdroast, though I need to start it with "-n" since I'm using cdrecord 2.01a18.) This actually works better for me than ide-scsi as for some reason it uses less CPU.

-Wes-