Re: Inappropriate signatures

From: John Bradford
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 13:33:16 EST

> Dear Andrea,
>
> We're providing the service which enables all of the below and without
> our good will that service is at risk. You're publicly slamming the
> providers of that service.
>
> If you want to do that, that's your right, but that leads us to ask:
>
> - wasn't the deal that we do the gateway and you stop whining?
> - why should we provide this gateway service at all if there is whining?
> - why shouldn't we firewall you off since you are whining?
> - or if firewalling fails, put in a day or two delay in the gateway?
>
> > /*
> > * If you refuse to depend on closed software for a critical
> > * part of your business, these links may be useful:
> > *
> > * rsync.kernel.org::pub/scm/linux/kernel/bkcvs/linux-2.5/
> > * rsync.kernel.org::pub/scm/linux/kernel/bkcvs/linux-2.4/
> > * http://www.cobite.com/cvsps/
> > *
> > * svn://svn.kernel.org/linux-2.6/trunk
> > * svn://svn.kernel.org/linux-2.4/trunk
> > */

Maybe you are mis-interpreting the signature - the information is
'commented out', in the same way that obsolete code is often commented
out. It could be argued that Andrea used to think that way, but no
longer does, and is trying to spread the message that criticising your
product is 'so last year', and no longer trendy. We need
clarification on this.

John.