kernel panic linux-2.4.22

From: joe patiani
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 05:36:54 EST

I got problem when booting from my new kernel. I`ve compile linux-2.4.22 kernel, but I can`t use it correctly. The error says that Kernel Panic VFS cannot mount root.

Can linux-2.4.22 kernel read the ext2 fs partition. How the solution to handle the problem. Please if anyone know about it send email to my addr. I`m a newbies, so I need a clear explanation