Re: Linux IDE bug in 2.4.21 and 2.4.22 ?

From: Phil Dibowitz
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 10:15:03 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
But, what about the case when I built in the generic driver, but made
the CMD649 driver a module, and loaded it after boot. That shouldn't
have *changed* what ide0 and ide1 are, right? I had ide0 and ide1
assigned, did a modprobe, and CMD649 changed what ide0 adn ide1 where,
and then forgot about the previous ones.. like all of a sudden it told
the generic driver "no, no, you were wrong, there's no VIA chipset here,

Hmm. please send me dmesg.

I'm happy to. Assumably you want both a Dmesg of my new working kernel, and a dmesg of above described kernel? Note that the dmesg from the later kernel be before loading the CMD64X modules, because when I do that, I loose my hard drive. Therefore it'll look mostly like my working one, except with no ide2 and ide3.

I've gone ahead and posted the current working dmesg here:
http://www.phildev.net/dmesg-working

I'll have to do the non-working kernel when I get back from work. I'll drop a line when I get that posted.

Thanks,
--
Phil Dibowitz phil@xxxxxxxx
Freeware and Technical Pages Insanity Palace of Metallica

- Benjamin Franklin, 1759