Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: USB modem no longer detected in -test4

From: Mike Fedyk
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 16:32:59 EST

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 09:06:31AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 11:20:28PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> > > Sorry, but if you want hotplug to work in 2.6, you will have to install
> > > a new version due to some changes to the network arguments, and due to a
> > > bug in the older versions of the scripts.
> >
> > What release date should the hotplug scripts be? I still have that hotplug
> > related oops that I told you about a while ago...
>
> Try the latest :)
>
> But that oops should have nothing to do with the scripts, that's a
> kernel oops that I could never duplicate :(

Are the kksymoops reports parsable by the userspace ksymoops? Whenever I
run the 2.6 kernel resolved oops through the user space ksymoops, it points
to a different part of the kernel, leading me to suspect that i shouldn't be
doing that.

Is that right? Also I use modules a lot, will that affect this?

I'd like to get this fixed. Any instructions / patches would be helpful.