Re: Hardware supported by the kernel

From: John Stoffel
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 13:11:52 EST

Henning> Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Matrox - Not exactly a speed demon any more in the 3d market. Open
>> drivers though. Not sure about Parhelia.

Henning> LOL. Buying a G550 was the biggest mistake I ever did. DVI-D
Henning> support only with a binary only module and still a heavy bug
Henning> in it (basically it takes a 90 second break when starting X).

I've got a couple of G200s and a G450 as my main display. I'm more
interested in wonderfully sharp 2-D display, not so much in 3-D.
Everything I've read says that the Matrox still makese the best 2d
boards...

John