Re: [ACPI] RE: ACPI kernel crash with 2.4.22-pre7 on ASUS L3800C

From: Karol Kozimor
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 04:32:57 EST

Thus wrote Nils Faerber:
> Just FYI...
> I have kernel 2.4.22 + swsusp 1.1-rc7 running without problems on the
> very same machine (Asus L3800C, BIOS 121a).
[...]
> One point that proofs to be a good idea is to remove any unnecessary
> drivers before suspending, like USB, Firewire and ethernet and to
> re-insert them afterwards. The attached script does this.

Actually, most modules do not need to be unloaded. I don't know about
firewire (I don't use it), but certainly 8139too contains proper
suspend/resume support, I even had no problems suspending with yenta_socket
and orinoco_cs card. As of now: no modules unloading at all. Anyway, the
crash is not swsusp related.
Best regards,

--
Karol 'sziwan' Kozimor