Re: [ACPI] RE: ACPI kernel crash with 2.4.22-pre7 on ASUS L3800C

From: Nils Faerber
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 04:29:24 EST

Am Do, 2003-09-04 um 10.53 schrieb Karol Kozimor:
> Thus wrote Brown, Len:
> > Martin,
> > Does this still happen with 2.4.22?
> > If yes, can I trouble you to drop the info into bugzilla so we can put
> > it in the queue?
> FYI, I just had it *after* boot, i.e. some 30 seconds after the swsusp
> resume (trace below), and _again_ _after_ I warm-rebooted the machine using
> SysRq+B. The subsequent warm-reboot went OK.
>
> Linux 2.4.21 + ACPI 20030619
[...]

Just FYI...
I have kernel 2.4.22 + swsusp 1.1-rc7 running without problems on the
very same machine (Asus L3800C, BIOS 121a).
I fiddled a little with a home grown suspend script until I got swsusp
reliably working with older versions (0.9-pre and before) and it still
works perfectly for me; the suspend script from the swsusp project was
too generic and complicated for me ;) I have attached my version in case
someone's interested in it.

One point that proofs to be a good idea is to remove any unnecessary
drivers before suspending, like USB, Firewire and ethernet and to
re-insert them afterwards. The attached script does this.

> Best regards,
CU
nils faerber

--
kernel concepts Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Dreisbachstr. 24 Fax: +49-271-771091-19

#
# swsusp suspend helper script
# for Asus L3800C and maybe other notebooks
# by Nils Faerber <nils@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
#
# Comments and suggestions welcome!
#
# It assumes that XFree is running on VT7 and that VT12 is more
# or less unallocated for debugging output.
# It will remove safe-to-remove drivers before suspend and re-insert them
# afterwards (USB, Firewire, Ethernet, etc.) as well as ejecting a built-in
# WLAN card (mini-PCI).
#

# Prepare for suspend
chvt 12
ifdown eth0 > /dev/tty12 2>&1
ifdown eth1 > /dev/tty12 2>&1
cardctl eject 2 > /dev/tty12 2>&1
rmmod 8139too > /dev/tty12 2>&1

#rmmod usb-uhci > /dev/tty12 2>&1
#rmmod usbmouse > /dev/tty12 2>&1
#rmmod usbnet > /dev/tty12 2>&1
#rmmod usb-storage > /dev/tty12 2>&1
/etc/hotplug/usb.rc stop
rmmod ohci1394 > /dev/tty12 2>&1

# Do it
rmmod -a
sync
rmmod -a
sync
echo "waiting a second..." > /dev/tty12 2>&1
sleep 1
#echo "1 0 2" > /proc/sys/kernel/swsusp
#echo "4" > /proc/acpi/sleep
echo > /proc/swsusp/activate

# Come back
sync
echo "waiting a second..." > /dev/tty12 2>&1
sleep 1

#modprobe usb-uhci > /dev/tty12 2>&1
/etc/hotplug/usb.rc start
modprobe 8139too > /dev/tty12 2>&1