RE: [Dri-devel] Re: 2.4.22-rc2 unresolved symbols in drm/sis.o when CONFIG_AGP=m

From: Eric Anholt
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 17:39:02 EST

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 09:12, Alexander Stohr wrote:
> why wont the module compilation still pass
> when SIS fb configuration flags from the
> Linux kernel configuration are missing?
>
> sorry if that requirement is already
> mentioned in the readme. i am just wondering.

The SiS DRM uses sisfb to allocate the framebuffer memory (XFree86 uses
sisfb, too, when present). There is currently no fallback method for
when sisfb is not present. I am working at the moment on removing this
requirement. We could have ifdeffed appropriately and built a
non-functional module, but that wasn't done.

I hope nobody minds me making massive style changes on the sis DRM
code. I find it quite ugly at the moment.

--
Eric Anholt eta@xxxxxxxxxx
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/ anholt@xxxxxxxxxxx