Re: Bad serio/atkbd configuration possible (was: Re: Compilation errors in 2.6.0-test4, serial as modules)

From: Russell King
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 08:57:30 EST

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 10:46:17PM +0900, Norman Diamond wrote:
> The boot-time errors in 2.6.0-test1 through test3, and then in test4 after I
> changed the keyboard stuff back from "m" to "y", are that module serial is
> not found. These are not serio, but serial. As far as I can tell, the
> serial stuff other than keyboard and mouse are still modules, so I don't
> know what is not being found. Those messages scroll off the screen very
> quickly during boot, and they don't get logged, so I can't report them
> exactly.

If they were serial (as in ttyS0) then you're not giving me much to go
on to work out what's up, so I'm afraid I can't take very much action
to solve your problem.

> One other message that I've seen during boot is that boot logging is
> disabled because the console doesn't differ from the console. I don't
> exactly understand this one either, but it's sure telling the truth about
> disabling boot logging.

I don't understand that either. I'm not aware of there being any such
message in the kernel source.

--
Russell King (rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) The developer of ARM Linux