Re: Bad serio/atkbd configuration possible (was: Re: Compilation errors in 2.6.0-test4, serial as modules)

From: Norman Diamond
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 08:51:13 EST

"Russell King" <rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> replied to me:

> It's not serial, but serio.

The compile errors in 2.6.0-test4 were serio.

The boot-time errors in 2.6.0-test1 through test3, and then in test4 after I
changed the keyboard stuff back from "m" to "y", are that module serial is
not found. These are not serio, but serial. As far as I can tell, the
serial stuff other than keyboard and mouse are still modules, so I don't
know what is not being found. Those messages scroll off the screen very
quickly during boot, and they don't get logged, so I can't report them
exactly.

One other message that I've seen during boot is that boot logging is
disabled because the console doesn't differ from the console. I don't
exactly understand this one either, but it's sure telling the truth about
disabling boot logging.