Re: Badness in device_release at drivers/base/core.c:84

From: Paul Blazejowski (paulb@blazebox.homeip.net)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 13:26:54 EST

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 12:30, Patrick Mansfield wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 06:31:15PM -0400, Diffie wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 06:23:13PM -0400, Diffie wrote:
>
> > > Thank you for all your help.Sorry but i gave the wrong URL in previous
> > > email.The correct one is http://www.blazebox.homeip.net:81/diffie/images/linux-2.6.0-test2/
> > >

> Per your screen dump - it found the cd-rom's on id 3 and 4, but not your
> disk drive that was at id 0, and the adapter found something at id 6 (host
> adapter is at id 7).
>
> You could try turning on scan logging, it might give more information.
> You can turn on the logging at boot time, make sure you have
> CONFIG_SCSI_LOGGING on, the information of interest (scan of host 0 chan 0
> id 0 lun 0) likely will scroll off screen.
>
> For scan logging, add to your boot line:
>
> scsi_mod.scsi_logging_level=0x140
>
> To limit the logging info, make sure max_scsi_luns=1 via config or boot
> time option scsi_mod.max_scsi_luns=1.
>
> -- Patrick Mansfield

Patrick,

I enabled CONFIG_SCSI_LOGGING=y in kernel then i used
scsi_mod.scsi_logging_level=0x140 and scsi_mod.max_scsi_luns=1 when
booting the kernel from lilo.I can see some debug information scroll on
the screen and i did see ID0 LUN0 get probed even the correct transfer
rate for the SCSI disk is set.I forgot but isn't there a key sequence
when pressed it will stop the screen output like pause/break key?

I have few screen snaps which can be viewed at
http://www.blazebox.homeip.net:81/diffie/images/linux-2.6.0-test2/aic7xxx/

Thanks for your help.

Paul B.