Re: Badness in device_release at drivers/base/core.c:84

From: Paul Blazejowski (paulb@blazebox.homeip.net)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 12:48:59 EST

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 12:30, Patrick Mansfield wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 06:31:15PM -0400, Diffie wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 06:23:13PM -0400, Diffie wrote:
>
> > > Thank you for all your help.Sorry but i gave the wrong URL in previous
> > > email.The correct one is http://www.blazebox.homeip.net:81/diffie/images/linux-2.6.0-test2/
> > >

> Per your screen dump - it found the cd-rom's on id 3 and 4, but not your
> disk drive that was at id 0, and the adapter found something at id 6 (host
> adapter is at id 7).
>
> You could try turning on scan logging, it might give more information.
> You can turn on the logging at boot time, make sure you have
> CONFIG_SCSI_LOGGING on, the information of interest (scan of host 0 chan 0
> id 0 lun 0) likely will scroll off screen.
>
> For scan logging, add to your boot line:
>
> scsi_mod.scsi_logging_level=0x140
>
> To limit the logging info, make sure max_scsi_luns=1 via config or boot
> time option scsi_mod.max_scsi_luns=1.
>
> -- Patrick Mansfield

Patrick,

That's correct Plextor 40TW (ultraplex wide) is on ID3 and Plextor
plexwriter 32/10/12s is on ID4.Originally i had the IBM 36LZX drive at
ID6 (factory setting) but when using the aic7xxx_old driver it was
detected as /dev/sdb for some reason.I've changed the ID to 0 and it
became /dev/sda again...strange it is.

The Adaptec AHA-2940U2W card is set to boot from ID0 by default and it
has 2.57.2 BIOS (the latest i think).

I tried the latest 2.6.36 driver from Justin's site on kernel 2.4.21 and
it works great.I was unable to boot the 2.5 driver on 2.6.0-test2 it
game oops and i had to define blkdev.h in few places.

I will try your suggestions and report back.

Regards,

Paul B.