Re: 2.6.0-test1-mm1

From: Philippe Gramoullé (philippe.gramoulle@mmania.com)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 07:53:08 EST

Hello Andrew,

testing 2.6.0-test1-mm1 right now. Everything's been _really_ good so far.
I've been using 2.5.72-mm1 before since it's out without a problem.

make -j 16 bzImage + xmms + moving a term window like mad never makes Xmms skip
which is really good. Term window freezes for few seconds after moving it like mad for ~7/8 sec
(not a realy day to day typical workload ! :) And it comes back to normal almost as soon as i stop
moving the Eterm window.

I also have a Xinerama setup and no pb so far when moving like mad the Eterm windows from one
screen to the other or moving Eterm like mad wile overlapping the 2 screens.

Box is Dell WS 530 MT SMP 512 Mo , 15K RPM SCSI disk (AIC7xxx, 0 TCQ), Nvidia GeForce 256 AGP NV10DDR +
Nvidia NV6 Vanta LT PCI

boot option is : kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.5.72-mm1 root=/dev/sda2 console=tty1 console=ttyS1,9600n8 elevator=as noirqbalance

Box is running postfix, Mozilla, Opera, NFS server, gnomeICU, etc.. and all is running fine ( subjective
opinion ;)

Congrats to all kernel hackers :)

Thanks,

Philippe