Re: inventing the wheel?

From: Carl Spalletta (cspalletta@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 13:16:26 EST

I was interested in finding a tool that would tell me all the paths
through the kernel leading to some particular function, for example in
the case of do_mmap_pgoff:

do_mmap_pgoff do_mmap2 old_mmap old_mmap_i386
do_mmap_pgoff do_mmap2 sys_mmap2
do_mmap_pgoff do_mmap aio_setup_ring ioctx_alloc sys_io_setup
do_mmap_pgoff do_mmap elf_map load_elf_binary

I submitted a tool ('fscope') to do this but no one has picked up
on the discussion. So I am wondering if there isn't already some
existing and better way to accomplish the same thing.

Could somebody tell me please, what is that way?

I know you can do a backtrace w/ gdb but that begs the question
how are you going to sure you have found every path?