Re: 2.4.20: Proccess stuck in __lock_page ...

From: Marc-Christian Petersen (m.c.p@wolk-project.de)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 13:15:09 EST

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 19:50, manish wrote:

Hi Manish,

> It is not a system hang but the processes hang showing the same stack
> trace. This is certainly not a pause since the bonnie processes that
> were hung (or deadlocked) never completed after several hrs. The stack
> trace was the same.
then you are hitting a different bug or a bug related to the issues Christian
Klose and me and $tons of others were complaining.

The bug you are hitting might be the problem with "process stuck in D state"
Andrea Arcangeli fixed, let me guess, over half a year ago or so.

In case you have a good mind to try to address your issue, you might want to
try out the patch you can find here:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/kernels/v2.4/2.4.21rc2aa1/9980_fix-pausing-2

ALL: Anyone who has this kind of pauses/stops/mouse is dead/keyboard is dead/:
speak _NOW_ please, doesn't matter who you are!

I've added Andrea into CC.

ciao, Marc