Re: [patch] futex requeueing feature, futex-requeue-2.5.69-D3

From: Christoph Hellwig (hch@infradead.org)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 04:51:16 EST

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 11:03:36AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> have you all gone nuts??? It's not an option to break perfectly working
> binaries out there.

Of course it is. Linux has enough problem problems due to past mainline
stupidities, now we don't need to codify vendor braindamages aswell. E.g
mainline doesn't have the RH AS aio vsyscall crap or suse's get dev_t behind
/dev/console stuff either. If Red Hat thinks it needs to live with more interfaces
than what the stable kernel release provide their on their own luck.

And it's a lot of time to 2.6 anyway, don't tell me Jakub isn't smart enough to
get a glibc rpm out by then that works with the new and the old futex stuff.