RE: [BK+PATCH] remove __constant_memcpy

From: Nakajima, Jun (jun.nakajima@intel.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 21:22:33 EST

I think the fear is valid. Intel compiler, for example, uses FP if it's required to optimize the code with a particular option. And the option is not necessary obvious when telling if it uses FP or not (and it does not matter for most users). This could happen with gcc.

I think we can do it better than the compiler does, because we know the usage better, e.g. alignment, typical size, etc.

Thanks,
Jun