Re: RedHat 9 and 2.5.x support

From: Felipe Alfaro Solana (felipe_alfaro@linuxmail.org)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 13:32:34 EST

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 18:54, Antonio Vargas wrote:
> I've just installed RedHat 9 on my desktop machine and I'd like
> if it will support running under 2.5.65+ instead of his usual
> 2.4.19+.

I'm running on RHL 9 with 2.5.67-mm3 (plus Russell King PCMCIA/CardBus
patches) and updated modutils + procutils + nfs-utils. It works
flawlessly, although I needed some tweaking for "/etc/init.d/rc.sysinit"
which insists in setting the module and hotplug helper binaries to
"/sbin/true" due to missing "/proc/ksyms".

Linux Registered User #287198