Re: my dual channel DDR 400 RAM won't work on any linux distro

From: Brien (admin@brien.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 11:38:58 EST

The board supports up to 4 GB total (4 DIMM slots), DDR 400/333/266. I'm
normally using 2 * 512 MB DDR 400 on Single 128 bit mode. And the board's
been tested to support up to 4 of the modules that I have (
KVR400X64C25/512 ) shown at :
http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Support/TechnologyGuide/TechnologyGuide
_63.htm

motherboard link:
http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-SINXP1394(GA-8SQ80
0%20Ultra2).htm

I tested both modules seperately just minutes ago, AND GET NO ERRORS on
either one. The errors occur when I have both in.

I've tried running them different speeds (e.g. 333), and it made no
difference in what Linux did (black screened after kernel load).