[BENCHMARK] AS vs. DL schedulers

From: Nick Piggin (piggin@cyberone.com.au)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 01:35:44 EST

Hi all,
Jens Axboe, Andrew Morton and I think that the IO scheduler we have been
working on is probably about ready to go into mainline. There are some
design issues with the elevator API and process IO statistics which are not
ideal, but we have agreed that now is not the time to redesign
interfaces.

Jens is looking into making the schedulers CONFIGurable and possibly
runtime selectable which should please everyone, though the present lack
of these features doesn't stop AS getting into 2.5 for testing. I would
hope AS gets a couple of revisions as the default elevator.

Here are some benchmarks.