Re: Minutes from Feb 21 LSE Call

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 11:31:19 EST

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 11:23:14AM -0500, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
> kernel for specific applications. I'm curious if there is a collection
> of lmbench results of hand configured and compiled kernels vs the vendor
> module based kernels across 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 and recent 2.5 on the same
> uniprocessor and dual processor configuration.

If someone were willing to build the init script infra structure to
reboot to a new kernel, run the test, etc., I'll buy a couple of
machines and just let them run through this. I'd like to do it
with the cache miss counters turned on so if P4's do a nicer job
of counting than Athlons, I'll get those.

--
---