Re: Minutes from Feb 21 LSE Call

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 03:50:31 EST

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 12:40:05AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> There is no evidence for any such thing. Nor has any plausible
> theory been put forward as to why such an improvement should occur.

There's a vague notion in my head that it should decrease scheduling
latencies in general, possibly including responses to io completion.

No idea how that lines up with reality. You've actually tracked
scheduling latencies at least at some point in the past. What kind
of results have you seen from the stuff (if any)?

-- wli