Re: Linux-2.5.62-ac1

From: Christian Guggenberger (Christian.Guggenberger@physik.uni-regensburg.de)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 15:19:01 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
> Linux 2.5.62-ac1
> Merge Linus 2.5.62
> o UNEXPECTED_IO_APIC can be static (Pavel Machek)
> o Update IPMI driver to version 18 (Corey Minyard)
> o Tons of spelling fixes (Steven Cole)
snip
> o SunRPC race fix (Trond Myklebust)
> o Refix addr/port naming confusion in IDE iops (me)
> o Forward port VIA APIC handling quirks (me)
Hi Alan,

Should this one fix those problems with IO-APICs seen on most UP Via Boards?
For me it doesn't work. For now I have two options with 2.5:

1. Disbable IO-APICs completely, but then my machine only boots with acpi=off

or

2. Use IO-APICs, to get a bootable kernel with acpi enabled, but then all
onboard devices won't work (via-rhine...) correctly.

Is there any chance to get acpi working without IO-APICs?

lspci (if it helps) output is attached.

Christian