Re: 2.5.61 (Yes, there are still Alpha users out there. :-) )

From: Sam Ravnborg (sam@ravnborg.org)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 12:21:16 EST

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:36:24PM +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> This reminds me that I wanted to have a look at an additional feature -
> building the kernel _not_ within its source tree. So I wouldn't need to
> place 10 copies of the kernel onto disk / into memory...
>
> Haven't I seen patches flyin' around? Anyone?

I have made a patch that enabled that feature which I posted some
time ago. I'm reworking it for the moment, awaiting a few pending
kbuild changes + I need to put a bit more work in the script.

Last version posted had problems with oprofile and xfs - and
I do not think ia64 will build with current version.

Expect something to show up within a few weeks.

        Sam