Re: more signal locking bugs?

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 14:06:44 EST

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Manfred Spraul wrote:

> I'm not convinced that exec is correct.

No, I think you're right. And I think just fixing send_sig_info() to take
the tasklist lock is the right thing to do.

That still leaves force_sig_info() without the tasklist lock, but since
that is only used for page faults etc synchronous errors, that's fine (if
we get a synchronous error in the kernel, we have bigger problems than
signal locking).

                Linus