CRAMFS on Flash

From: Nandakumar NarayanaSwamy (nanda_kn@rediffmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 07:25:26 EST

Dear All,

I succeeded in making the target board booting using CRAMFS with
initrd.
Since initrd will uncompress the image and load the file system to
RAM i face the lack of memory problem in RAM.

So i just wanted to make the kernel boot with the CRAMFS in flash.
I had seen the old mailing list archives related to that. I still
have some clarifications regarding that.

1) Where to create the mtd partitions for the file system in
flash? First i just want to create a simple CRAMFS with some
binaries and executables and then mount it using mount command i.e
like
mount -t cramfs /dev/mtdblock0 /home

I would appreciate if somebody could help me to sort out this
issue.
Thanks in advance,
Nanda