Re: 2.5.61 (Yes, there are still Alpha users out there. :-) )

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw (jbglaw@lug-owl.de)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 07:14:31 EST

On Mon, 2003-02-17 12:25:35 +0100, Oliver Pitzeier <o.pitzeier@uptime.at>
wrote in message <001501c2d677$4d5ce0e0$020b10ac@pitzeier.priv.at>:
> Leslie Donaldson wrote:
> > Got the new kernel here are my results.
>
> I also downloaded 2.5.61 today. I wasn't able the last 2 days. :-(

I'm running 2.5.60bk3 for nearly three days now.
> > -) Sound opl3sa2 no compile. Entered patch today

The pnp stuff... This bites PCs, too.

> > -) make modules_install still has
> > depmod: Unhandled relocation of type 10 for .text
>
> There were also some problems with make modules_install for me!

Worked out of the box for me.

> > well there you go. For clarification until I get a clean install I'm
> > not going to try and boot this thing. (I like my raid working.)
>
> I'll let it run now... Let's see. If the machine crashes I don't mind too much.
> It's just an old Compaq AS1000 5/333 only used by me as Alpha-teststation and
> some kind of "fileserver".

AXPpci33, I'd probably also switch on my Miata and my Avanti.

> If it works well now and hopefully without crashing, I believe 2.6 will also
> work fine... :-)

Sometimes, running Linux on != i386 is a bit problematic, typically
because core interfaces or basic functionalities where touched with
arch-specific code only written for i386... But I continue to run my
hardware zoo, asking for the missing bits:-)

MfG, JBG

   "Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur
    fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier Bürger" | im Internet!
   Shell Script APT-Proxy: http://lug-owl.de/~jbglaw/software/ap2/