Re: timer interrupts on HP machines

From: Nohez (nohez@cmie.com)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 23:59:37 EST

Hi Matt,

We have the MP spec set to v1.4 for more than a year and the systems have
been unplugged for more than 1 hr for system maintenance many times. The
BIOS firmware is 4.06.43. We suspect the kernel triggering a hardware bug
as we see this only on HP Netservers. We have other unbranded Intel
SMP machines running the same kernel, distro & same services without this
problem.

Nohez.