swsuspend: possible with VIA Eden processor? Or alternatives?

From: Wolfgang Fritz (wolfgang.fritz@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 12:14:04 EST

Hi,

the swsuspend mini howto says that a processor with pse/pse36 feature is
required for swsupend in 2.4.

The VIA Eden processor on my EPIA ME6000 board gives:

vdr:~ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : CentaurHauls
cpu family : 6
model : 7
model name : VIA Samuel 2
stepping : 3
cpu MHz : 599.731
cache size : 64 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu de tsc msr cx8 mtrr pge mmx 3dnow
bogomips : 1196.03

So I am obviously out of luck with 2.4 kernels, but what about 2.5 (the
mini-howto is silent here)?

Or are there alternatives to sw suspend for fast boot in this case
(preferred for 2.4 kernels as I do not have a 2.5 kernel tree and the
required infrastructure up to now)

Wolfgang