How to migrate from modutils to module-init-tools?

From: Kees Bakker (rnews@altium.nl)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 07:25:43 EST

Since 2.5.48 I seem to be needing module-init-tools. Is there documentation
that describes what I must do to use/install module-init-tools? And how do
I set up my system if I want to boot older kernels as well?

I have downloaded module-init-tools 0.7, but the command interface of
the new modprobe is not the same as the old one. In other words if I
install module-init-tools I cannot boot pre 2.5.48 without many errors