Re: RFC - new raid superblock layout for md driver

From: Steven Dake (sdake@mvista.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 14:57:42 EST

Doug,

EVMS integrates all of this stuff together into one cohesive peice of
technology.

But I agree, LVM should be modified to support RAID 1 and RAID 5, or MD
should be modified to support volume management. Since RAID 1 and RAID
5 are easier to implement, LVM is probably the best place to put all
this stuff.