Re: spinlocks, the GPL, and binary-only modules

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 14:55:01 EST

So " -fno-inline " should be enough to squelch the extremists?

So lets hear from the extremists who do not have the money to litigate yet
can scare people away with noise and their angery rants. Sort of what LA
has with the gang turf wars. The ones who are to afraid to show thier
face but will stab in the back in the right moment.

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Cort Dougan wrote:

> } Well since there is a fork for everything else, how about a
> } business-linux-2.{4,5} fork?
> }
> } As a place to make it even harder for the extremist to whine and cry over
> } the usages of binary only modules.
> }
> } Comments?
>
> Maybe it's best to not add yet another fork. I just managed to
> dis-entangle myself from maintaining some trees and wouldn't wish that on
> anyone else. A single config option that adds -fno-inline wouldn't be
> fork-worthy.
>
> As for extremists complaining... I think you'd just give them a target and
> a forum rather than quiet them.

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group