Re: spinlocks, the GPL, and binary-only modules

From: Cort Dougan (cort@fsmlabs.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 14:44:05 EST

} Well since there is a fork for everything else, how about a
} business-linux-2.{4,5} fork?
}
} As a place to make it even harder for the extremist to whine and cry over
} the usages of binary only modules.
}
} Comments?

Maybe it's best to not add yet another fork. I just managed to
dis-entangle myself from maintaining some trees and wouldn't wish that on
anyone else. A single config option that adds -fno-inline wouldn't be
fork-worthy.

As for extremists complaining... I think you'd just give them a target and
a forum rather than quiet them.