[BUG] Orinoco Lock Up

From: Peter Chubb (peter@chubb.wattle.id.au)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 04:45:36 EST

>>>>> "rmack" == rmack <rmack@mackman.net> writes:

rmack> I was sleapilly typing away from my laptop when my wireless LAN
rmack> connection hung. The other end, a dual P3 system using a
rmack> generic ISA->PCMCIA adapter and an Orinoco Silver v6.06 card
rmack> had gone crazy. I don't know if the whole system was locked up
rmack> or not but removing the Orinoco card and re-inserting fixed the
rmack> wireless LAN.

This is such a common problem, that I now run this little script all
the time. It triggers once or twice a day most days; more if I'm
doing something that involves heavy network use. FWIW, the later 2.5
kernels seem to be better than 2.4.19.

----
#!/bin/sh
tail -f /var/log/kern.log |
while read f
do
    if expr "$f" \: '.*eth1: Error' > /dev/null 2>&1
    then
	cardctl reset
    fi
done