Q: Scheduler and need_resched

From: Anders Fugmann (afu@fugmann.dhs.org)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 03:47:50 EST

Hi.

I got a small question of what happens codevice when the quantum of a
task is expired (counter == 0 -> need_resched == 1). Of cource schedule
is invoked somehow, but from where? How is the "flow". I see from where
do_timer is called, and that it schedules a BH, but then I'm stuck.

I have a feeling that some function is called (at least) each timer
tick, which tests if schedules sould be called (a test on need_resched
amongst others). I just cannot seem to find this function.

Any pointer appriciated.
Anders Fugmann