Re: Oops, maybe smbfs on SMP system? Kernel is RedHat's 2.4.18-10smp

From: Urban Widmark (urban@teststation.com)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 17:27:35 EST

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Joel Votaw wrote:

> smb_retry: no connection process

This means that your smbmount process has terminated (crashed?). You could
try some things with that, eg upgrading samba to the latest 2.2.x, running
it with a higher debug level (4, check your smbmount.log), add more debug
printouts to the smbmount main loop, getting a core dump from it.

The mount should become unusble at this point because smbfs no longer has
a connection and it can't contact it's smbmount daemon to get a new one.

> last message repeated 2 times
> smb_delete_inode: could not close inode 2

I believe this is at umount time. And if smb_delete_inode wants to
actually close something and smb_retry is failing it won't be able to.

I need to find out if/why that would cause the busy message. When the
connection closes any open files are closed, so closing shouldn't be a
problem.

Did you get either of these the second time?

> VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. Self-destruct in 5 seconds. Have a nice
> day...

Kabooom!

/Urban