Re: [OFFTOPIC] Spamcop

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 17:09:30 EST

In article <20020912233115.A24954@ucw.cz>,
Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@suse.cz> wrote:
>That's an internet worm, called klez. I'm getting more than 10 of these daily.
>Each is a meg of data. And I'm also getting responses from various
>mailservers which received the worm with my From: address. It generates
>both From: and To: randomly based on the victims Outlook addressbook.

It's many months old and there are several versions around.
A similar one is YAHA. And it doesn't just take the addresses
from the Outlook addressbook - it scans the OE cache too, so
if your address appears on a webpage (say a list archive) that
an infected users visits your address is added to the list as well.

The mindless jerks who wrote Outlook and the KLEZ and YAHA viruses will
be the first against the wall when the revolution comes. Well,
just after the mindless jerks of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation,
ofcourse.

Mike.