2.4.18 (pre8) strange software raid0 problem

From: Tommy Faasen (faasen@xs4all.nl)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 06:55:37 EST

Hi,

i ran into a very strange problem.

I booted my system this morning only to discover that I could no longer
mount my /dev/md0. I shut down my system last night without any problems.

The only way I can mount it again is with mdadm --assembly /dev/md0
/dev/sda9 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1
I have to do this every time the system is rebooted.

The distribution is debian unstable
mdadm - v1.0.1 - 20 May 2002
raidstart v0.3d compiled for md raidtools-0.90

Is there any way to permanently fix this error?
How did this happen, as i didn't do anything i can see related to this?

If you need any extra information please let me know.

Tommy