--- linux-swsusp.test/Documentation/swsusp.txt Sun May 26 19:31:41 2002
+++ linux-swsusp/Documentation/swsusp.txt Sat Jun 29 15:56:37 2002
@@ -122,11 +122,9 @@
- We should only make a copy of data related to kernel segment, since any
process data won't be changed.
-- By copying pages back to their original position, copy_page caused General
- Protection Fault. Why?
- Hardware state restoring. Now there's support for notifying via the notify
chain, event handlers are welcome. Some devices may have microcodes loaded
- into them. We should have event handlers for them aswell.
+ into them. We should have event handlers for them as well.
- We should support other architectures (There are really only some arch
- We should also restore original state of swaps if the ``noresume'' kernel
@@ -148,6 +146,15 @@
go there anyway..
- If X is active while suspending then by resuming calling svgatextmode
corrupts the virtual console of X.. (Maybe this has been fixed AFAIK).
+Drivers we support
+- IDE disks are okay
+Drivers that need support
+- pc_keyb -- perhaps we can wait for vojtech's input patches
+- do IDE cdroms need some kind of support?
+- IDE CD-RW -- how to deal with that?
Any other idea you might have tell me!
-- (about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S. no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun Jun 30 2002 - 22:00:14 EST