Re: Linux 2.4 bitkeeper repository

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 10:13:36 EST

Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> Hi Larry & Peter,
>
> the Linux 2.4 repository at linux.bkbbits.net is orphaned short after
> it got created. Ist there any chance we could see continguous checkins
> for it?
>
> I think it might be a good idea to get it automatically checked in once
> Marcelo uploads a new (pre-) patch as part of the kernel.org
> notification procedure (is this possible, Peter?).

Stuff will start showing up on kernel.org presumeably when BitMover
works out how to do proper locking on a repository without giving
'other' and 'group' write permission.

I presume one can pretty easily set up a cron to do that... but I wonder
if it is ok with Marcelo? If Marcelo has plans for that repository, we
ought not touch it probably.

In general, though, agreed :)

> If there is no way to automate it I would volunteer to do the checkins,
> but for that I'd need write permissions to the repository.

As a temporary measure people can pull from
        http://gkernel.bkbits.net/marcelo-2.4

which is always up-to-date with the latest Marcelo pre-patch, and
contains nothing else.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik      | "UNIX enhancements aren't."
Building 1024    |           -- says /usr/games/fortune